firmware-ng led codebook¶
Firmware-ng uses the various leds OpenMesh devices come with to inform about what the device is currently doing. This page contains an overview about the different color states and their meanings.
- The Power led will blink as long as the device is booting and change to the solid state after the boot has completed.
- Ethernet leds will turn on (blue/solid) as soon as a cable is plugged and blink when traffic going through this interface.
- On gateways the multi-color led will show:
- no color until dhcp address received
- red solid if internet check fails but DHCP was received
- green blink if internet works
- On repeaters the multi-color led will show:
- no color until speed test (dashboard checkin) has been run
- red solid if speed to the gateway is below 1Mbps
- yellow solid if speed to the gateway is above 1Mbps and below 2.5Mbps
- green blink if speed to the gateway is above 2.5Mbps
- red blink while the node is in lonely mode
- yellow blink while the node is in orphan mode
OM1P / MR500¶
- Ethernet leds will turn on (green solid) as soon as a cable is plugged.
- The wifi led will blink as soon as internet access (gateway and repeater) was found.